Rainbow passivation application
Rainbow passivation can be purchased in Kharkov in the online store of chemicals Novohim.
The process is designed for rainbow passivation of zinc coatings. Provides increased corrosion resistance of products. Upon completion of the process, the product’s coating takes on a yellowish-greenish iridescent hue.
Advantages and unique characteristics of iridescent passivation:
- The use of PAS BCP provides corrosion-resistant coatings. The working solution contains a low concentration of 6-valent chromium.
- This coating can be applied to zinc or cadmium alloys.
- After coating, the product can withstand up to 130 hours in a saturated salt spray without deteriorating its performance.
- This passivation contains an iron corrosion inhibitor and resists accumulation of zinc in the solution.
- The coatings are capable of withstanding a short-term heating to 250°C or a 24-hour stay in the temperature zone reaching 120°C.
- The concentration of cobalt in the proposed solution is not more than 1 g/l, besides the solution does not contain fluorine ions
Passivation of zinc coatings PAS-BCP instructions
In order to obtain a working solution, PAS-BCP concentrate is introduced into the bath, filled with the necessary amount of water, at a ratio of 25-40 ml/l. Then nitric acid is added at the ratio of 2-3 ml/l and the volume is brought up to the necessary working volume. After that, the solution is adjusted by bringing the composition at the rate of 10-15 g/m2. The pH is also adjusted, which should have values of 1.4-1.8 units.
The recommended temperature of the bath should be 18-30 ° C and the duration of the procedure should be 10-30 seconds.
At the end of the passivation process it is recommended to rinse the items for 30-60 seconds. First in cold water, then in warm water, but not exceeding 60°C.
Rainbow passivation can be purchased from the warehouse in Kharkov or with delivery in Kiev, Poltava, Sumy, Dnepr, Zaporozhye, Kherson, Odessa and all over Ukraine.